Holding/central unit and organizations with firms attached to one entity can use several management models. In organizations with this structure, a large amount of information and paperwork transfer occur between units; making this process effective. It is important for taking the right decision about changes in the market’s dynamics, local and international trends and changes within the corporation. For this reason, this process has to continue without interruptions to endorse performance and effectiveness throughout the organization and taking it to a higher level. On the other hand, according to the main management model, all units can have different organizational structuring. The important thing here is to make sure that the units have an effective communication with each other and that decision-making mechanism should not conflict even if units have different organizational structures.
Related to how group companies are connected to the holding, the roles of both parties can differ. For example, holding can act both as a consultant to the group companies’ decisions or can act as a control mechanism. Similarly, operational processes can differ when some key functions are managed solely from the base and other functions according to group companies’ structuring models.
While determining the management models for organizations with different structures, activity models for functions that work independently and consider all business processes as well as relationships between units. According to these activity models, authorization mechanisms, job definitions, and responsibilities should be made clear and the relationship between units active. Hence, the information and paperwork flow between units will go smoothly and organizational effectivity will reach a new high by preventing conflicts about decision making, authorization, responsibilities etc.
Our goal as Quattro on these projects is to determine the relationship mode between the holding and group companies according to right targets and benefit the whole organization. Furthermore, activating the holdings activity model by clarifying the strategies and expectations from individual and central functions; at the same time designing the information and paperwork flow to be flawless.
Quattro’s Approach to Holding Management Models
- Meeting with top management and determining all functions that will have a benefit with the structural changes and understanding the expectations of these functions
- Inspection of all centralized functions, IT infrastructure, and organizational structure and comparing these with the best examples in the globe.
- Designing target structure-activity model and target organizational structure for supportive functions.
- Forming boards and committees that will endorse the management model
- Designing the authorization mechanism between the holding’s management board and other boards; defining job definitions
- Comprehensive expertise on holding structures
- Fund of knowledge on supportive functions
- A holistic approach forms the perspectives of strategy, process, organization, and technology